Friday, November 18, 2011

White Rock Best of 2011

I went to the White Rock gallery to pick up my painting today as yesterday was the last day of the "Best of 2011" show... and to my utter shock and delight there was a First Prize ribbon hung next to my painting.  With my name on it.

Wave is 20 by 34 inches, encaustic (beeswax) with guitar strings embedded in it.  With regards to the title, think more than just water.  Think about the materials at work here.  As with other work in the "Resilience" series (in progress since last October), the piece speaks to human resiliency through the materials in the piece.  What holds us in place?  Where is our breaking point? How do our actions affect our environment?

The "Best Of" show showcased local artists who placed 1st, 2nd or 3rd in any of the shows in White Rock throughout the past year and was by invitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment